Archive for the ‘Birthday Parties’ Category
The success of a well planned party is in the details. The details are what make your party so personal! No matter what the event or occasion, its the little things that make your party fun to attend… and plan.
Here are 5 fresh ideas – you may not have thought of – to personalize your big day.
1. Creative Envelop Addressing
Delight your guests from the moment they open their mailbox!
At Royalty Rentals we offer personalized letter addressing.
2. Creative Sign-in
From birthday parties to baby showers to weddings, a creative sign-in can help you remember your special day for years to come.
At Royalty Rentals we can help you create a sing-in personal and exclusive to your big day.
3. Signature Snack
Do you or your loved one have a favorite treat? Share it with your guests! A “Signature Snack” allows your guests to get to know you better through your taste pallet.
4. Photo Display
Create a darling picture display featuring you or your loved one.
Allow Royalty Rentals to help make it personal to you!
5. Bind Your Cards
After your event is over collect all the congratulations, gift, and best wishes cards given to you by your guests. Bind them together in a book where you can keep them forever.
Royalty Rentals can help! Ask for our event designer.
Does the stress of having to plan the perfect, creative, and unique party for your child’s birthday take away from some of the excitement and happiness of your child’s big day? Well take a breath, because we’ve got some exciting themes and ideas for you for your son or daughter’s next birthday party! Today’s party theme: Bowling Party
Bowling Birthday Party:
-Welcome to (Childs’s Name) Bowling Alley sign
-Balloons with fingers holes drawn on with marker to look like bowling balls
-Cut out bowling pins from paper and hang on walls
-Actual bowling balls, shoes, bags etc can be used as centerpieces on the tables
-Purchase inexpensive shirts, and write each guests name on the left shoulder of a shirt and the child’s bowling team name across the back. The kids can wear them at the party during the rest of the fun!
-Serve the meal in a concession stand style over the counter with a “server” to take their order and hand out the food. Serve foods commonly seen at bowling alleys like pizza, hot dogs, popcorn and french fries. A menu can also be created and posted if you want.
-Bowl in the yard with pins and bowling balls. You can pick some up pretty cheap at most store with kids games or party stores. **You can also take the kids to a bowling alley to bowl if space is limited to play at home
-Making a cake shaped like a bowling ball is easier then it sounds. Pour the cake batter into a greased, oven proof, 2 ½ quart bowl, and bake. Let it cool and turn the bowl over and drop the cake onto the serving plate out of the bowl. Cut out the 3 finger holes, and put tea light candles in the 3 holes. Frost the cake in your child’s favorite frosting. You can add your child’s name using decorator icing or edible letters you can buy at the store.
Once the guest’s arrive, everyone changes into their bowling pre-made shirt, they all eat their meal, bowl in the yard, eat cake, and open gifts time will have flown by and your child will have had a birthday party to remember!
One great way to really jazz up your event is to add a cloth table linen to your tables. It will add such a nice finished look. Whether you are going for a formal look with the floor length linen or a more casual look with a half drop length the table linen will really make a huge difference.
There are so many different sizes of tables and cloth linens that it is sometimes confusing to know which is the right size and length for the look you are going for. There are hundreds of sizing charts that you can find but a lot of them are hard to understand and switch between metric and american measurement systems. It can turn into a huge mess of numbers.
Royalty Rentals would like to provide to you a break down of linen sizing using the standard table sizes we offer and the standard linen sizes we offer. Of course this will not cover every linen need as some orders are not using standard sizing. This does not include sizing for our toppers, runners and overlays we also offer. Our hope is that this information cuts some of the “I just want a standard size table with a nice linen” confusion.
Table Size — Linen half way to the floor — Linen to the floor
72 inch round — 120 inch round linen — 132 inch round linen
60 inch round — 90 inch round linen — 120 inch round linen
8 foot rectangular — 126in X 60in rec linen — 156in X 90in rec linen
6 foot rectangular — 102in X 60in rec linen — 132in X 90in rec linen
Need a non-standard size or want to get details on linens for bistro tables? Call us today to get more information and a quote for linens for your next event. Mention this blog post when you call and receive 1 linen free with your order of 5 or more linens.
The Phoenix valley has endured some of the hottest days of the summer here of late. However, at Royalty Rentals, we continue to forge ahead in delivering quality service and products despite the heat index. Since we’re still consistently hitting triple digits, we thought it might be nice to give you some ideas on how you can still party and have fun despite the heat. We’ve collected a number of clever ideas from our customers this summer that we’d love to pass along to you.
Here are a few things we’ve noticed our customers doing to beat the heat:
Hold The Event Indoors!
Just recently we strategically set up eight 60″ round tables and 70 resin chairs into a home that was having a bridal shower. Give Royalty Rentals the opportunity and we will design a floor plan in doors to maximize your space. This generally requires a little moving of furniture, but it is worth it for the bride to be.
Play Misty For Me with a Misting System
Porches and backyards have been transformed into a tropical forest with the advent of the misting system. Whether the misting system is permanently installed or placed temporarily, the temperature can be reduced by 15 to 20 degrees leaving everyone to enjoy the evenings festivities. Lots of ice and liquid refreshments don’t hurt the cause either
Portable Air Conditioning Unit
Placed on both sides of the porch for an outdoor Quinceanera, guests were able to cool off by simply congregating next to the units. The customer had sectioned off the porch area with a large black tarp that created a sort of indoor-outdoor room where the cool air from the units could circulate. What a great idea!
These are just a few examples of things our customers have done to beat the heat. What other ways have you come up with to fight off the rays this summer? We’d love to hear from you. Feel free to drop us a line in the comments section below.
So you’ve hit the big Four – O. You don’t feel any older but you are no longer in your 30′s. Don’t be surprised if the gifts you receive are fun in nature. Here is a list of what you can expect to receive as your friends help you celebrate:
5. Just for Men or Clairol
6. A walker
7. Cheaters from Walgreens
8. Fake bill for a life insurance policy
Party on Grandpa!
Who says there has to be loud music and under aged drinking going on for our teenagers to have fun! We say: “Party on!” With reality TV being all the rage, just take your cues from the producers of Hollywood. Here are 5 ideas that even the most discerning teenager will consider:
1. Survivor Backyard – With everything you need in your backyard create challenges (puzzles, obstacle course, clues, events with balls, balancing acts, etc.) and have teams or everyone compete against everyone. With simple planning of events and elimination rounds the excitement will build while everyone anticipates who will be the ultimate survivor. Don’t forget the reward challenges and have some fun prizes for winners of these challenges. Start thinking now how you can create an immnunity challenge and have the best party this summer or fall.
2. Neighborhood Idol – Breakout that ole singing machine or rent a sound system and create your own Idol showcase that will attract anyone and everyone who ever dreamed of a career in Nashville. With advanced planning, invitations can go out to all those invited to come prepared to sing their hearts out. You can have awards for most talented, to best love songs, and one in need of singing lessons. It’s all fun and a chance for Tommy to break out his Elvis custome and come and rock the jail house. Those that don’t want to sing can come dressed as their favorite artist.
3. So You Think You Can Shake-A-Leg? – Combine a dance contest with invitations to couples to come prepared to do a cha cha or watch Bobby and Sissy hip hop their way into fame. The contest can be only half the fun as you crank up the stereo and play Dance Revolution. Cap the night with using the porch as a dance floor and teach everyone line dance, or if you’re brave enough, invite a caller to come and do a little square dancing. I promise if you can get them to square dance that will be the favorite thing they do all night. It’s just getting them to do it!
4. Hawaii Five – 0 Party - Don’t let on, but this is just a Luau in disguise complete with hula skirts, Tommy Bahama shirts and puka shells and beads around everyones neck. Roast the fatted pig, have some virgin pina coladas and crank up the music Dano! Dust off the neighbors Tiki lamps and teach everyone to hula and slap dance. Their are great instructional videos at your local library.
5. Friday Night Football Glee Party – The game is over, the home team has won and everyone is excited and there is nothing quite like a post celebration after the big game. Decorate the house in school colors, make a cake the shape of the team mascot and celebrate. Dance, listen to music; heck even invite the cheer leaders to do a cheer! I don’t know about you, but I would rather have Junior at home on Friday night than any other place. If you serve good food, they will come.
I remember as a young girl waiting in line for my turn to take a swing at the donkey pinata my sister had for her birthday. I knew if I could just make it to the front of the line that it would be me to inflict a serious wound on that donkey and out would come enough candy to feed half of Phoenix. The broom stick we were using was just the right size and seemed to be just the right weight for the party of 10 year olds and me being 8 could easily knock that pinata sky-west and crooked. I chuckled to myself as those before me missed horribly as my father raised the pinata just out of their reach as they swung with all their might.
I was two people from getting my turn when the birthday girl was blind folded and given the broom stick. I just new from those that had gone before her that she would probably just end up missing the donkey like they did. Only this time my dad quit moving the donky pinata and it sat there, not swinging, about belly button level to my sister and she reared back and gave that donkey a smack that almost sent it into next week. The tail and the one of the hind legs came off. I scrambled to fetch the piece of donkey and was smashed under a pile of 10 year olds. I did get a piece of the donkey but the leg had no candy in it, but I remember seeing what looked like a spanish newspaper with words I didn’t understand.
Full Size Candy Bars
As the pile was unfolding someone stepped on my hair and I started to cry and made a bigger deal out of the event than I should have. With tears in my eyes I watched as my sister was given one more turn and she knocked the stuffing (candy) out of that pinata and again it was a free for all. Mom didn’t go cheap on the candy, she stuffed the donkey with full size candy bars and I got a Big Hunk, forgot about being stepped on and revelled in my sisters triumph. I was bound and determined that for my birthday we would have another pinata and I would be first in line. Funny how time passes and I forgot about pinatas and took several of my friends bowling for my next birthday.
Do you have a favorite pinata story? Share it with Royalty Rentals by posting it on this blog.
Need tables and chairs for your next party, call Royalty Rentals at 480- 525-5104. LET US SERVE YOU!
You know you want to do it, you’ve been thinking about it for quite some time, so go a head and do it. You have no idea what I’m talking about, sure you do… it’s throw the house party that your neighbor won’t and have gobs of fun! Everybody serves hordeourves, has drinks and socializes, but you, you dream bigger, funnier and different. Let me help you with what your thinking in terms of the house party that everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Ideas for the Ultimate House Party
1. Ugly Sweater Party – Invite everyone to wear their ugliest sweater and party. Guarenteed to carry the conversation throughout the night. A trip to Goodwill will ensure you have the ugliest sweater
2. Neck Tie Party – While at Goodwill, ask them for a necktie bag. They generally sell the bag for about $25 and you get hundreds of ties that nobody bought off the store front. You can’t imagine the fun when you dump the tie bag in the middle of the floor and ask your guests to model and story tell about the multiple ties found
3. Elvis Party – Thank you, thank you very much! It’s great when eveyone comes dressed like Elvis. Will you be the young Elvis shakin’ his leg, or the Elvis busting out of the seems in his white polyester uniform (Have plenty of dessert on hand). Hand out awards for the best set of burns, gyrations, lip curl, and glasses! Wise men say: Throw an Elvis Party”
4. Backyard Olympics in Pairs – Use your backyard for cryin’ out loud and create some challenges that are done in pairs. Have everyone take off one shoe, place in a pile and then distrubute the shoe to your guests. They find the owner of the shoe and that is their partner for that event. Re-pile the shoes and redistribute for the next event. Great for mixing and helping your guest meet and make new friends
5. Fill Your House with Music Party - Do you have a college or university close to your home? If so call the music department and invite some of their band members to come and perform and talk about the history of their instruments. Do you know who invented the tuba? Neither do I. How many rooms to you have in your house? Invite that many performers with instruments and enjoy your home being filled with music. I’m sure the band members will have fun and a donation to the music department would be nice.
Whatever type of house party that you decide to throw, be sure to be properly prepared with enough tables and chairs to seat and feed all of your guests. Give Royalty Rentals a call today to rent tables and chairs in Arizona.
Have you started planning your daughters 16th birthday party? She is only going to turn 16 once and now is the time to start planning. There are gobs of websites to help you with ideas, but let Royalty Rentals take the hassle of tables, chairs, linens and clean-up off your check list.
Sweet 16 parties can be a lot of fun. During the summer months, make good use of the pool and volleyball court out back. Play a match, hop in the pool, play another match and take another dip. With plenty of food and drinks, everyone will be happy.
Ever wonder why there aren’t Sweet 16 parties for boys? An answer from one of my girls is that they “aren’t sweet!” Touche… I guess there you have it. But Sweet Sixteen parties for girls are still in full force so call us today and we’ll get you hooked up to party!