Being a newly-wed couple my husband and I usually don’t need to make a lot of food for the two of us. For those times when we have friends or family over we always struggle to figure out what can feed a lot of mouths for pretty cheap. Well I found the solution… ENCHILADAS! Most of my cooking career has been the basic American meals; hot dogs, steak, and mac’n’cheese. Give your guests something they will love! This is my quick and easy enchilada secret, bonus this recipe will help you to have the best party on a low budget.
Package of Tortillas
(1) Cans of your choice salsa ( I usually do medium)
(1) Big bag of Mexican cheese
(3-5lbs) Chicken breast
(1) baking pan 9X5X3
- Use oil/butter on your pan. Set oven to 375 degrees
- Take one tortilla and lay it flat, spread a quarter size of miracle whip on the lower 1/8th of the tortilla.
- Take chicken that is cut up into 1X1in pieces and place on the Miracle Whip about a half-inch apart.
- Roll up the tortilla with chicken inside, place in the baking pan.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until the pan is full of rolled up tortillas.
- Use one full can of salsa pour over the top of the tortillas. Mix around and into crevasses with your hand.
- Pour a plentiful amount of cheese on top.
- Pop it in the oven for 12-20 minutes. Keep checking and when the cheese is golden and not crispy pull out of the oven.
And they are ready to EAT!
With this simple recipe you will now be hosting parties more than ever. This is the easiest and cheapest way I have found to feed many. I cannot wait for you all to try it! Let me know if you have an questions and how it goes at firstname.lastname@example.org